Thursday, January 17, 2013

What I Blog About




There are days when I sit down to this blog and I have no idea what I'm going to write about. Some days I have to choose from three or four different ideas competing in my head. Other days, like today, are harder.

Last weekend when the events in the "He Said" series were unfolding, Mr. Snark actually said: "You should blog about how I used a diamond saw blade to cut through tile and mortar."

Mrs. Snark smiled. "Yes, dear. That's exactly what I’m going to blog about."

At times, these entries write themselves. In fact, most days are just a matter of waiting for Mr. Snark or the children/cats to do something funny. Of course, at the moment of the incident, I may be freaking out, yanking on my hair and screaming at the top of my lungs, and it may not seem all that humorous. However, I learned a long time ago that life is more bearable if you're able to laugh at yourself.

Mr. Snark encouraged me to start this blog. "You're funny," he said. "You should write some of it down and they will come."

"You're funny too, dear. Maybe I will." Mrs. Snark dropped a kiss onto her husband's cheek and smirked. Of course, Mr. Snark clearly had no idea what he was letting himself in for, but he's been a really good sport so far. (He hasn't initiated divorce proceedings yet.)

One month later, I'm still enjoying this blog. I get excited when I receive a comment and read it immediately. (Comment whoring here.) In fact, the first time I got a comment, I Snoopy danced across the office. "A comment, a comment!"

As near as I can tell, I have somewhere between ten to fifteen readers who drop by at least once a week, and then the occasional person to wanders in by accident and never returns. (Sorry for scaring you, dude.)

 Blogger has tools that allow me to see hits and referring URLs. It continues to worry me daily that the top three referring sites are:

http://adsensewatchdog.com
  25








http://zombiestat.com
  24








http://vampirestat.com 
10


Adsensewatchdog.com is the top? Why?! WTF is up with that. This blog isn't monetized and I've no plans to add ads. The other two—zombiestat and vampirestat--appear to be web crawlers.

I worry that readers will think I'm really mean to Mr. Snark, but people need to understand. He's MR. SNARK. In a battle of wits, the man is not unarmed. He gives as good as he gets, and has delivered more than one real zinger in his day. We are soul mates in sarcasm, and I love him for it.

Like I said, I have no idea what I'm going to write about today.

***

Oh, and I'm posting a survey to see what readers think of my reaction to Mr. Snark's disaster master approach to stove top installation.


Click here to take survey

4 comments:

  1. Of course I had to fill in the little dot for "take out to dinner every night"!!! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jannice, 4 out of 5 surveyed or 80% felt that Mr. Snark should be taking me out to dinner every night. :-)

      Delete
  2. You are funny...always enjoy your posts. :-) thanks for the smiles,
    Diane
    dianeokey.com
    CHERISH THE KNIGHT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane,
      Thanks for reading and commenting. :-)

      Delete