Wednesday, April 23, 2014

It's a Mystery: The 4th Snark Child

Miss Bear to Mr. Snark: "There's a mess in the family room."
Mr. Snark: "Really? A mess? Who made it?"
Miss Bear: "Hmmm..."

She actually draws this sound out for a really long time...

Miss Bear: "...mmmmmmmm... It's a mystery!"

Miss Bear turned 4 today and I came to a startling realization--there is actually an invisible child living with us who leaves wet towels on the bathroom floor, shoes scattered throughout the entryway, and doors wide open. He hits his brother when I'm not looking and steals candy without permission.

I'd been aware of something being amiss for some time. I've made inquiries without success.


Mrs. Snark to the boys: "Who left the milk on the kitchen counter?"
The Boy: "Not me!"
Middle Child: "Not me!"
Miss Bear: "Hmm...it's a mystery."

Mrs. Snark growls in aggravation. "Was it 'Not Me' or "It's a Mystery'? We really need to settle on a name for your unseen sibling!"

And...

Egads...

It just occurred to me--what if there's not just one invisible child, but two????????????????


Note from the author:
My friend tells me Family Circus has already done the "Not Me" joke so I wanted to apologize to the creator of the strip. I wasn't intentionally trying to rip off her joke. I simply wasn't aware of it.

4 comments:

  1. Loved this! I think Miss Bear has captured it perfectly. "It's a mystery." And likely to remain so forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alison! I'm convinced she's a genius, but then I might be biased. ;-)

      Delete
  2. LOL! Awww, so adorable and cute. :)

    ReplyDelete