Wednesday, June 18, 2014

State of the Snarkology 6/18/2014

So as I watched season 3 of Falling Skies, I've discovered what may be a universal TRUTH about evil villains (especially hottie blonde chicks). This startling discovery also comes from BattleStar Galatica, IE sex scenes between Six and Baltar.

Evil chicks have SPINES THAT GLOW RED WHEN THEY'RE GETTING IT ON!

In other news:
BATTLE CRY 2nd draft is officially off for its first editing round with MAI Editing Services. I bid on an editing round for the Angel Auctions last November and I'm finally getting around to using it.  I'll post an update with my progress once the mss returns.

I'd be a nervous wreck anticipating the release of THE MATING GAME on June 20th, except all three Snark children are currently home for summer AND sick with a cough/cold. At this time I'm hanging on by one claw, dangling over the abyss of insanity.

Anthologies:
One of my writing goals involves submitting to a couple anthologies  to increase my visibility to Amazon's recommendation engine. I startled off looking at a Viking historical anthology that looked incredibly promising. However, further research revealed that the editor only listed her own name under the contributors section of past anthologies. So, points for her, but none for me. I don't need the $50. I need the exposure.  That said, I'm moving onto the next anthology on my list.

A few slight modifications to my original story concept, and I've got an erotic short underway. Word count so far is about 600 words. Total goal: no more than 5k.  Vikings in space!  Any takers?

No comments:

Post a Comment