Sunday, May 4, 2014

A Chat With KyAnn Waters || BETRAYED VOWS



Everything in Gretchen Booker’s life was as she wanted it. A husband on her terms. Companionship without physical contact. That’s why she married a lifer. Who would’ve thought it would all come to an end after only ten years?

Life on the outside is not as Landon Booker expected. But how can he make a future for himself beyond prison walls when the woman who is supposed to love him wants to see him sent back to the penitentiary.

Crystal Evans isn’t a home wrecker. Landon needs a friend…someone who can help protect him from his conspiring wife. Falling in love wasn’t part of the plan.

Yet vows betrayed leave all three with something to lose—Crystal her heart, Landon his freedom, and Gretchen the life she had before.

To Purchase

Hi KyAnn, welcome to the Snarkology. Please tell us, what does your writing space look like?

Oh Hello. My desk looks like an episode from Hoarders! Everything around me is generally clean and clutter free…except the space where I write. I have notes on napkins, papers with tidbits, a calendar of upcoming events, phone, cell, cords, mugs from my daily tea and clutter. I sit in an old fashion Boston Rocker. I sit cross-legged when I write and I have to have background noise.


How long have you been writing?

I wrote my first novel when I was about 20 but it will never see publication. It’s crap. So were several that followed that were crap too. But then I started to figure out my strengths and minimized my weaknesses. In Jan 2006 I decided to try for publication. I went to my first local RWA convention. Six weeks later I had an agent and my first book contract.

Do you have a process for coming up with character names and book titles?

I wish I did. Titles and character names change throughout the time it takes me to write the story. My new story, Betrayed Vows, was called Lucky Charm up until about a month ago.

What inspired your current book?

Several years ago I’d seen a program on the news about an increased number of prison marriages. That had me thinking about what would make a woman marry a prisoner and how would their relationship change if the inmate was to be released. In Betrayed Vows, Gretchen married a lifer because she wanted to keep the relationship on her terms. When Landon is released, she’ll do just about anything to get him sent back.



Name one person, living or dead, you'd most like to meet.

John Paul Jones. Favorite quote, “I have not yet begun to fight!”

I don’t know why he always appealed to me in history. He was passionate in his pursuits, known as the Father of the US Navy. He tended to buck authority except his own.


Quick quiz:
Favorite food? Anything sweet! Carrot cake at the top of my TBE (to be eaten) list.
Favorite color? Red
Favorite animal? Chicken (because they are good to eat)#fingerlickingood
Biggest pet peeve? When someone fails to do what they said they would.
Dream car? Don’t care as long as it’s paid for. I won’t have a car payment. Right now I drive an F150 and it suits me well.

Excerpt:
Brian’s words echoed through his mind as he made his way back to the kitchen. Take care of your wife. He intended to. He was going to figure out exactly what the bitch was about and then find a way to get the hell out. Make a good life for yourself. He could, but not with Gretchen. His thoughts instantly went to Crystal. Her charm and personality appealed to him. Her body vibrated with a glance and instantly reacted to his touch. And as for the part of keeping his nose clean, in order to do that he had to get away from Gretchen.
“Care to explain?” He crossed his arms over his chest.
Gretchen sat in her chair with a vacant look in her eyes. “What are you talking about?”
He took two steps and kicked the garbage can in her directions tipping it over and spilling the contents across the floor.
“What are you doing? I just mopped!”
Landon bent down on his haunches and flicked the beer cans against her feet. “You want out, divorce me! Don’t set me up.”

AUTHOR BIO:
KyAnn Waters is a multi-published, award winning author of erotic romance. She lives in Utah with her husband, two children, and two dogs. She spends her days writing and her evenings with her family. She enjoys sporting events on the television, thrillers on the big screen, and hot scenes between the pages of her books.

You can find me on Facebook
Twitter:  @kyannwaters
Get the Free KyAnn App   Iphone & Android

2 comments:

  1. Good Morning Melissa
    Thank you so much for having me today! Today I am going to sit at my cluttered desk and work on my current story. Hubby is taking the boys to the movies so I'll have quiet alone time for writing. it's shaping up to be a beautiful day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi KyAnn,
      You're welcome and thank you for visiting with me today. My Sunday looks like it'll be super busy. Wish I had some more me-time. :D

      Best of luck with your promotion! :)

      Delete