Five Fun Facts About Meresin from THE DEMON’S DESIRE
The second book in my Hearts of the Fallen series, THE DEMON’S DESIRE, was just released, so I thought it would be fun to share a few things about the hero…well, anti-hero…of the story. Meresin has never been about saving the day. More like setting it on fire. That is, until he finds himself in a position to make a choice between having a future or descending into darkness once and for all. If you’d like to know a little about Meresin, read on!
1. Meresin was, at his creation, the Angel of Storms. He was still a young angel when he fell.
2. Meresin’s natural connection to tumultuous weather made him the perfect candidate to receive Lucifer’s “gift” of lightning, making him the first—and only—angel to have actually bonded with his element. The lightning, violet like his eyes, runs in his veins.
3. The other Fallen aren’t as familiar with Meresin as they are with one another. While his fellow renegades were once Lords of Hell, with their own estates and demonic servants, Meresin himself was nowhere to be seen unless a battle was at hand. Where he was kept when not acting as commander of Hell’s aerial forces is a secret that only Meresin, the Infernal Council, and Leviathan know.
4. When I was writing Meresin, I pictured him looking a lot like Keanu Reeves during his Matrix days.
5. Because of his background, Meresin is clueless about how to interact with others on any level but a combative one. This applies especially to women, who have been avoiding him for millennia. Dru’s attention confuses him enough that he sometimes forgets to be angry…and he has no idea that those glimpses of the man beneath the rage are what keeps Dru coming back.
Meresin is a deeply traumatized creature, dark and beautiful and so volatile that most sane people avoid him. But he has such a heart beneath all that, and bringing it out was a pleasure I hope comes through in my writing of him. Thanks for having me here, and I hope everyone enjoys the book!
The Demon's Desire
Hearts of the Fallen
Hearts of the Fallen
Kendra Leigh Castle
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Publisher: Covet - Entangled Publishing
Date of Publication: 8/26/13
Number of pages: 225
Cover Artist: Fiona Jade
He’s as dark and dangerous as the storms he once commanded…and she can’t get him out of her heart.
Dru has spent two thousand years fighting to keep the people of Terra Noctem safe. In all that time, she's only opened her heart to one man, with disastrous results. But when her city takes in a group of renegade Fallen, she finds herself drawn to the brooding and tormented Meresin, despite the fact that he seems to be the least redeemable of them all. When his instability hits a breaking point, Meresin’s only chance at survival is a perilous journey into a place from which few ever return. What he never expected was that confronting his demons would mean risking not only his future, but Dru's as well...and that one stubborn vampire might give him back not just hope…but his heart.
Excerpt will be live on the book's page after release August 26
About the Author:
Kendra Leigh Castle was born and raised in the far and frozen reaches of Northern New York, where there was plenty of time to cultivate her love of reading thanks to the six-month-long winters. Sneaking off with selections from her mother’s vast collection of romance novels came naturally and fairly early, and a lifelong love of the Happily Ever After was born. After graduating from SUNY Oswego (where it also snowed a lot) with a teaching degree, Kendra ran off with a handsome young Navy fighter pilot and has somehow accumulated three children, three dogs, and one enormous cat during their many moves.
While stationed in a remote corner of the Nevada desert, Kendra penned her first romance, and a career often spent working in fuzzy slippers and pajamas was born. Her work has garnered both critical praise and award nominations, but the best part has been connecting with readers who share her love of dark romance (not to mention heroes with sharp, pointed teeth). Kendra currently lives in Maryland, and can usually be found curled up with her laptop and yet another cup of coffee working on her next book. She loves to hear from her readers, and can be contacted via email or her Facebook page.
Where to find Kendra on the Internet:
The author is holding a tour wide giveaway for a $25 Amazon or BN Gift Card.