The State of The Snarkology
The Snarkology is a year old. Technically, it was created on 10/19/12 but I'm holding an impromptu birthday party for my blog today over on Facebook starting at 12PM PST. Drop on by and say hi! There will be door prizes and a few party games.
Snarkology Paranormal Blog Hop
Signups close tomorrow for the Snarkology Paranormal Blog Hop. If you've been thinking about joining and haven't yet, do so! Time is running out.
Simply go to my left sidebar and click on the blog hop button. It will take you to the Blog Hop page where there is a signup form at the bottom of the page.
<--The button looks like this!
Exciting things in store this week!
- On Monday, I'm blogging about the mythology and superstitions surrounding vampires.
- Tuesday and Wednesday, author Lyndi Alexander is visiting with me, talking about her paranormal romantic suspense novel. And I'll be reviewing: LOVE ME, KISS, ME KILL ME.
- Thursday, Book spotlight of Susan C. Muller's THE WITCH ON TWISTED OAK.
- Friday, Author Kris Brock is giving writing tips on the difference between elements of suspense versus surprise with a book spotlight for WHISPERS IN THE DARK.
- Saturday, Author Sarah Bella talks about life's writing lessons and her novel, 14 Days of "Ohs!"
25 Days of Christmas Stories
I still need Christmas Stories for my "25 Days of Christmas Stories" promo to run Dec. 1-25th. Again, the link to the event blog page is in the left sidebar.
<--Looks like this!
Leave me a comment to signup or shoot me an email at melissasnark at gmail.com.
Finally, bonus feature! A couple snippets from the Snark Family:(Like most writers, I keep a notebook. These are things that made me laugh but haven't evolved into a post.)
The Gym Parking Lot:
As Mr. Snark zips along, Mrs. Snark waves her arms in agitation. "You just passed a perfect front row parking spot!"
Mar. Snark (sneers): "It was a compact space."
Mr. Snark then heads for the back of the lot in Bumfuk, Egypt.
Mrs. Snark: "This is a very compact minivan!"
Mr. Snark: "No it's not."
Mrs. Snark: "Yes, it is. Have you ever seen the width on a Sienna?"
Mr. Snark: "It's not width that matters. It's length."
Mrs. Snark (rolls eyes): "Pffff. Only to a man. Ask any woman and she'll tell you that it's girth that matters."
Mr. Snark: "Are we still talking about parking spaces?"
Mrs. Snark: "I am. But I know what you're talking about."
Mr. Snark: "Cat nip again?"
Mrs. Snark: "You didn't ask any questions when the cat lawsuit went away. Move along."
Come by the Snarkology's 1st Birthday Party on Facebook!